Saturday, July 9, 2011

Comparing America to other countries

Dear TURN IT UP team,

Thanks for all of your great posts and responses so far!

This weekend, I came across this web site:


http://www.ifitweremyhome.com/

This site shows you what life in other countries is like compared to America. For example, I clicked the link to compare American life to life in Greece (a country I hold dear because my father immigrated from there when he was a young man, and because much of my family still lives there).

I found out that if I lived in Greece, I would make 30.82% less money every year. But I would also use 57% less electricity and spend 60% less on healthcare. Yikes! That means I am paying more than twice for healthcare and electricity in America than I would be in Greece! So maybe making 30% less wouldn't be so bad.




Check it out! Compare American life to life in some other countries. What jumps out at you?

No comments:

Post a Comment