Thursday, July 14, 2011

WVKR 91.3 Turn It Up Radio!!!!!!!!!!

July seventh, two thousand and eleven was the day of reckoning for me, because being on a radio show is something that many people can't say they have done in their life, but me? I can say that I have done it. My co-broadcasters Brittney, Khary, Elissa and I took the airways and we took it by storm with our thinking on our feet answers, and our funny personalities. First sitting in the lobby outside the studio was SO much torture especially with Mary Ellen my employer saying 3:49 then going on to saying 3:50 every minute, which made me and my co-broadcasters very nervous, but it made us filled with giggles. When going into the the actual studio we had to set up and get ready. When we were actually on air I had to be the first one to speak about TURN IT UP RADIO. Once I was done my butterflies just flew away and from there it was smooth sailing. Once the first PSA /commercial thing came on Mary Ellen had clapped for all of us on our great speaking, and how we didn't mess up or anything like that. The most funniest part about being on the radio show, is where Mary Ellen actually read my part and everyone was looking at each other and pointing at me saying that it was my part. Being on this radio show helped me to overcome my fear, and I actually love it now and wish to go back on every show but sadly I can't, but all in all it was a fun experience.

1 comment:

  1. This gives great insight on what it is like to be on the radio. This allows the reader to understand the atmosphere and to see what it is like to be there for someone who has not ever been on the radio. I'm sure that the radio is a nerve racking thing at point but I also think that it is a great experience.

    ReplyDelete