Thursday, July 14, 2011

Recording Reflection

Yesterday on Wednesday July 13,2011 when Eddie and I worked on the theme song for Mill Street Lofts/ Childrens Media Project radio show Turn It Up, I felt proud of myself. I kept saying to myself I can't do this because I had trouble with the first beat I made. But yesterday as Eddie and I stayed 4 hours after work and worked our hardest for the theme song to be as good as possible, this was a good experience for me. I will never tell myself I can't do when I know I can. In order for you to do something right you have to make time available and keeping practising and that's what I learned yesterday. Things are not going to come out how you want it, you have to practice and practice over and over again.

In the studio at Childerns Media Project I thought it was going to be not as good as I thought because they didn't have the equipment I use when I go to the studio. But that all changed my mind when I went in the room.They had a mixer for audio, a mic, and many effects of the program Garageband. I worked with Garageband a couple times so I have experience. The studio was in a small room, it was good enough for me. The speakers have good quality, I heard every mistake that happened while recording the theme song. The mic was surrounded by two filters to help fix up the audio so it wouldn't sound too loud. This was a good experience for me. It took time and patience but I got throught it. Thanks to Eddie to we stayed extra hours, but it was worth it because I like the theme song and so do my fellow friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment